There are many pleasant ways to wake up. This morning I woke up to an Amazon book delivery of Stephen Chbosky’s The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Seanan McGuire’s Rosemary and Rue. Along with the realization that I’ve failed thus far in my attempt to not add more books to my TBR pile (part of my goals this month for Writer Recharge), I received another gift: The Vesatile Blogger Award from Sarah, over at Geek With A Pen! I’m really honored to be nominated and it’s nice to get a pat on the back from my blogging peers. Perhaps I’m actually doing something right on here.
After being nominated the person is not obliged to do anything more. They can simply take their award and run with it. However, I’m the type of person who loves to pay it forward and I’m going to follow the rules of joining in. What are the rules?
Display the Award on your Blog. Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who nominated you. Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment. Post 7 things about yourself.
Seven Things About N.J.
- I’m some sort of compulsive book buyer. I have to budget a portion of my money to books each month because I know I’ll just end up buying them anyway.
- I watch about as much television and movies as I read. If I could, I’d try television writing.
- I like my hot chocolate with milk instead of water because I think it tastes better.
- I love the moon and anything with moon designs on it.
- I listen to a lot of different music, but heavy metal rock has a special place in my heart.
- I’m a comma abuser. My English professor is probably still exasperated.
- In case you didn’t know, N.J. Ember is a pen name.
And The Award Goes To…
- T.J. Edwards
- Kellie Elmore
- Shaneice at Hello Paper, I’m Pen
- Zen Scribbles
- Amy Good
- The Tailored Mama
- Karen Soutar
- Nova Ren Suma
- Charlottesville Winter
- Maggie Madly Writing
- Mirriam Neal
- Ailish Sinclair
- Life As Amber Knows It
I know there’s probably a few re-nominations in this list, so if you’ve already been given the award before that’s okay. I picked blogs that I enjoy reading and blogs that I don’t talk about on here as often. Thanks again to Sarah for the nomination!